Milandra [Rogue-style Roleplaying Game]
Potential Pros & Cons
- Detailed graphics with fluid character and enemy animations
- Dark and moody music fits well with the theme of the game   and the environments
- Loads of dungeons and many floors to explore; Over 100 floors exist
- Loads of items to collect and various effects
- Different character classes and a total of 14 characters
- Various aspects of the game is random like some other RRPGs
- Control up to four characters at once
- The game has some bad A.I. for your allies...   BUT it causes many more complications than you think
- Many dungeons are too cramped and narrow
- Game is hard on a ROM...and probably near impossible on a console
- Once a dungeon is cleared, you can't revisit it
"Milandra had a lot going for it, but thanks to faulty A.I, the game takes a big hit in the fun factor department. Also, I don't tend to say too many games are hard, but if I was honestly playing this on my SNES, I'd get killed by countless traps and/or overpowered monsters. The game doesn't have too many cons, but the ones it does have are big issues that bring the game down. As it is, I can only recommend the game to the patient. If you are willing to do a lot of manual commands and don't mind the challenge, Milandra will be pretty entertaining. It has the looks and it has the sounds, but the game suffers in the most important aspect (in my eyes anyway)...which is a shame, because it has tons of items and dungeons."
Wanna say your piece in here? Let us know at the GS forums or through e-mails!
Back to Milandra Review
Back to SNES Reviews Page
Back to the Video Game Reviews Page
Back to the Game Info Archive
Back to the Sanctuary Entrance
For more cool stuff, check out the General Gaming Interest and Video Game Scans sections. Price ranges based on eBay, Play-Asia, Japan Game Stock, and other factors. Prices are for complete copies.
|All content shown in Gaming Sanctuary belong to their respective owners.