Magical Drop [Action Puzzle Game]
Potential Pros & Cons
- A puzzle game based around Tarot card characters? Interesting...
- Most characters present a different battle skill and challenge level
- Most of the staple modes are here
- The action in this game is fast and furious
- It's the start of a relatively good series...
- Awful audio that's very limited, bland, and highly repetitive
- The Fool has no special skill to help rebuttal attacks...that's just wrong
- Unrefined gameplay can lead to several scenarios where characters get stuck
- It could use more modes and features for a middle-of-the road SFC game
- To put it bluntly, nothing really stands out
"I have to say that this game is almost more trouble than it's worth and a chore to play, with or without a friend. The fairly average presentation, awful audio and perhaps insipid gameplay don't exactly sit well with me, and while the action is fast paced, the game is pretty uninteresting as a whole. To be fair, this game isn't that far behind its Arcade brother, so it's not a bad port...it's just an uninteresting game. The first game in the series isn't always the best; trust me. Thankfully, most of the other games in the series and ports are a lot better. Make sure you get Magical Drop 2 if you have to get one. You'll learn why when you read that article."
Wanna say your piece in here? Let us know at the GS forums or through e-mails!
Back to Magical Drop Review
Back to SNES Reviews Page
Back to the Video Game Reviews Page
Back to the Game Info Archive
Back to the Sanctuary Entrance
For more cool stuff, check out the General Gaming Interest and Video Game Scans sections. Price ranges based on eBay, Play-Asia, Japan Game Stock, and other factors. Prices are for complete copies.
|All content shown in Gaming Sanctuary belong to their respective owners.