Royal Stone [Strategy/RPG Game]
Potential Pros & Cons
- Excellent graphics with bright colors and large characters
- The game has a great plot with dramatic cutscenes...especially for Game Gear
- Great music that enhances the game experience very effectively
- The game allows you to move around towns and such before battles
- You can use up to nine characters in battle
- Characters have different elements and move across terrain differently so the game requires moderate strategy
- Buy items and spells as well as hire characters at certain points
- Might turn away those who don't know any Japanese
- The game is fair in length, but a bit short for an SRPG...a few more battles would've been nice (approx. 15-20 hrs)
- Only healers and mages can change class
- Once characters die, they stay dead
- Final stages can be brutal
"The game is nice for a portable SRPG and I really enjoyed it. The A.I isn't exactly the greatest at times, but I've enjoyed the Sega Genesis Shining Force and I found that game to be far too easy (SF2 for Genesis was tougher). I highly recommend Royal Stone to anyone who likes SRPGs and wants to play Sega RPGs besides Phantasy Star and Shining Force."
Wanna say your piece in here? Let us know at the GS forums or through e-mails!
Back to Royal Stone Review
Back to Game Gear Reviews Page
Back to the Video Game Reviews Page
Back to the Game Info Archive
Back to the Sanctuary Entrance
For more cool stuff, check out the General Gaming Interest and Video Game Scans sections. Price ranges based on eBay, Play-Asia, Japan Game Stock, and other factors. Prices are for complete copies.
|All content shown in Gaming Sanctuary belong to their respective owners.