Magical Drop 2 [Action Puzzle Game]
Potential Pros & Cons
- Bright and colorful graphics with nice character animations
- Each character actually has their own theme this time around
- Loads of gameplay tweaks really help this game stand out
- Characters now have cute little story segments
- The action that made the first game popular is even better
- Moderately expensive
- Should have been released worldwide
- Stack attacks are still kinda overkill
"Magical Drop 2 is MUCH better than the original game. It's actually a little hard to believe that a game can improve so much so quickly, but if you didn't like the first Magical Drop, let this one make a believer out of you. The game is a blast to play against a friend, is fun to play alone, and this game can spawn some of the most bitter rivalries imaginable. The only significant problem I can think of is the whole damage-to-chain ratio, which is still a bit much. It would have been better if they just dropped junk objects on your opponent, but hey, that's just me. Buy this game if you can find it for a reasonable price; it's one of the best puzzle games on this system."
Wanna say your piece in here? Let us know at the GS forums or through e-mails!
Back to Magical Drop 2 Review
Back to SNES Reviews Page
Back to the Video Game Reviews Page
Back to the Game Info Archive
Back to the Sanctuary Entrance
For more cool stuff, check out the General Gaming Interest and Video Game Scans sections. Price ranges based on eBay, Play-Asia, Japan Game Stock, and other factors. Prices are for complete copies.
|All content shown in Gaming Sanctuary belong to their respective owners.